The Jazz Disturbance Playlist...In the Wee Small Hours of the Morning...

Hello,

The weekend evaporated before my very eyes. It really is true that after the age of 21, times just zips on by. I guiltily polished off the weekend with potato chips and beer but it was soooooooooo needed. Sadly, I just read that Trinity P. Murdoch, a Chi-Town actor I saw in a production of August Wilson's King Hedley this year, recently died, but I cannot find much on his death - just this that announces the deaths of two other actors.  Death is not the way to start the day.

This is the beginning of a humungous period of events for WGXC 90.7 FM, mostly fundraisers, and I'm in the thick of it. Learning to use Dropbox and Audacity and Google! stuff is completely detonating clusters of my brain cells that I desperately need....but all for the love of radio.  Actually, that's the name of our upcoming $35K pledge drive, Radio Love. I suspect I'm one of the few on-air personalities who enjoys pledge drives. Convincing folks to open up their tight little wallets and give to non-commercial, non- conformist, uncompromising radio is no easy task, but that's where the fun comes in for me. I get pretty feisty on the air and pretty goofy.  You should tune in on Thursday, September 18 for the first day of it, at least.  As well as hosting The Jazz Disturbance that night I might be one of the morning hosts from 7am-10am. All I need are a few bagels and cream cheese and strong coffee and I'm good to go!!





THE JAZZ DISTURBANCE
w/Cheryl K.
PLAYLIST
9/4/14


WGXC 90.7 FM
Hudson, NY
Thursdays, 7p-9:30p


PLAYLIST
ARTIST/SONG/TITLE/LABEL

Catalyst/Celestial Bodies/The Funkiest Band You Never Heard/32 Jazz [9:20]
J. Aaltonen/All The Birds/To Future Memories: The Music of Antti Hytti/TUM 9:39
D. Muhammad/Just Before Sunrise/Preaching to the Choir/LifeForce Jazz 5:41
C. Tamburr/A Team/Voyage/Florida Institute of Technology [4:26]
K. Cline/After the Rain/Make Up Your Mind/Kevin Cline Music [3:44]
R. Whitaker/Freedom Day/When We Find Ourselves Alone/Mack Avenue [5:49]
B. Pater/West Wind/Blue/B&B [4:31]
P. Beekman/There’s A Small Hotel/Bewitched:….Sings and Plays Rodgers & Hart/P. Beekman [3:20]
M. Shiner/Dragon Express/Fly!/Patois [5:41]
Ritmos Unidos/Water Babies/Ritmos Unidos/Patois [8:28]
L. White/Dark/Lenny White Live/BFM Jazz [14:45]
B. Mamet/Nardis/London House Blues/Blujazz [4:35]
E. Charles/Ten to One Is Murder/Kaiso/Culture Shock [6:44]
J. Handy/Tears of Old Miss (Anatomy of a Riot)/New View!/Columbia [23:45]
L. Donaldson/Turtle Walk/Hot Dog/Blue Note [7:48]



Until we meet again.....

Comments

Popular Posts